It's spring and Easter is only one week away! That can only mean one thing for the Fox Valley this weekend....Easter Egg Hunts and Bunny Breakfasts! Parents and Grandparents get ready for a weekend of fun with the kids (and teens) because we have your line-up for the Hunts and Breakfasts taking place in our wonderful communities:
1. NEW! The Egg-Mazing Race! This one is for TEENS! Teams of pre-teens, ages 10-14, will solve a series of challenges scattered around Wheeler Park to complete The Egg-Mazing Race, and find a bunny hiding in the dark. The top ten teams will win a variety of prizes, including gift certificates to local restaurants. Then, wrap up the night with a good old-fashioned twilight egg hunt with various prizes and candy. Participants must bring a flashlight. The Egg-Mazing Race begins promptly at 7:30 p.m. and held is outside rain or shine. Price: Free —$5 per resident / $8 per non-resident
2. Geneva Annual Easter Egg Hunt- Join the Geneva Park District as we hunt for over 5,000 eggs at our Annual Egg Hunt outside the Stephen D. Persinger Recreation Center. The free-to-the-public egg hunt begins promptly at 10 a.m., and features two age-specific areas—one for children 4 and under, and one for those 5 and up.
2. Geneva Bunny Breakfast! Stephen D. Persinger Recreation Center 3507 Kaneville Road Fuel up before or after our 10 a.m. Easter Egg Hunt at the Bunny Breakfast inside the Stephen D. Persinger Recreation Center. Breakfast includes yummy pancakes with the Easter Bunny. Don’t forget your camera for photographs. Sign up for before our egg hunt from 8:15-9:45 a.m. or after from 10:15-11:45 a.m. Cost is $5 per person ($8 nonresident).
3. Aurora Easter Egg Hunt-West Main Park 40W101 W. Main St All little bunnies are invited to hop on over for the annual Easter Egg Hunt! Be sure to see the Easter Bunny. Everyone should meet at the pavilion by 9:45 a.m.! Group leaders will divide children into age groups and take them to their separate hunt areas. At 10 a.m. the hunt will begin! Don't forget a basket to hold all those goodies
5. Doggie Easter Egg Hunt! Let you dog hunt for Easter Eggs! Join us at the Bark Park as your dog(s) hunts for Easter eggs that are filled with doggie treats. All dogs must be leashed during the event! Pre-registration is requested, but we will accept registration at the Bark Park gate starting at 11:30 am. Registration fee is $10 per dog. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Anderson Animal Shelter. Hunt will begin at 12 pm sharp
6. St Charles Easter Egg Hunt! Sat March 28th at 10:00 am Pottawatomie Park Parents & Children should arrive at the park at least 15 minutes early to receive instructions and take a spot. Bring your own baskets to collect the eggs. There is a limit of 10 eggs per child. Meet at Riverview Golf Entrance.
7. St Charles Breakfast with the Easter Bunny- Ready for a hopping-good time? Decorate and eat your own bunny-face breakfast pancake. Color bunny pictures. Get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Dance the Bunny Hop! Register early, as space is limited. Ages 12 months or younger are free! Adult registration is required for children to participate.
We hope you have a hoppin' good time! If you know of other Hunts that we may have missed feel free to post them to our Facebook page!
It feels so good to be outdoors again, and the whole Fox Valley is bustling with new blooms, new construction and new beginnings of all kinds! If you are looking to begin a new journey and a move to the Fox Valley area, give one of our expert agents on The Rullo Team a call. We'd be happy to show you around our communities and help you find the home that suits your needs.