A season to be thankful…
5 ways to give back this holiday season
There are so many ways to help others this season, or all year long! Now, who wouldn’t love to do that??
- Support our Troops: United Service Organizations offers a variety of drives for soldiers. You could also sponsor the cost of a phone call home, the local USO division can assist you with information. This year, Yankee Candle Company is selling Thankgiving-themed candles with part of the proceeds going to support the USO’s programs.
- Donate to a Food Bank: This would seem an obvious one, but did you know that not only can you donate food….but donate your time and money also? Food banks such as Northern Illinois Food Bank will accept help sorting food at their facility but if you are short on time, you can make a monetary donation. Whichever you choose, they are grateful for your help!
- Visit a Retirement home: Retirement homes and Memory care facilities often have residents who won’t see a family member during Thanksgiving. All you need to do is check the visiting hours and bring the gift of good conversation!
- Help the home-bound elderly: Meals on Wheels delivers daily more than 1 million meals to the home-bound, and a large number of them are elderly. This organization is always looking for volunteers to continue their good works!
- Visit a hospital: Sadly, there are no holidays in a hospital. Call your local hospital and inquire as to how you can volunteer for the holiday. Offer to distribute food, bring small gifts to children or elderly, or maybe the best gift of all, just simply sitting and visiting with someone.
If you are interested in more information about the benefits of home ownership in the Fox Valley Area please contact a real estate professional with the Rullo Team.